Friday, June 29, 2007

That's one bitter apple!

I know this might sound completely ridiculous, but I really hate that Adam and Eve had to go and spoil things for all of creation. I mean if it wasn't for that one darned apple, we would have so much less fuss.
Picture the scene shortly after this problem began.

Eve: Oh, Adam... Does this sheep skin make me look fat?
Adam: Grunts
Eve: I'm serious. I need help picking out an outfit.
Adam: Grunts
Eve: Okay, so do you like the fig leaf or the maple leaf better
Adam: (raised eyebrows) Which one's easier to take off?
Eve: (hits Adam with her purse) This is really important. I'm afraid the fig leave might be too skimpy. It might make me look cheap.
Adam: (looks down at his fig leave and shrugs)

We wouldn't have to worry about whether or not we can afford to buy all the latest fashion... We wouldn't have to worry about whether the same size will fit us in every brand... And we CERTAINLY wouldn't have to worry about trying on 40 different swimsuits and still not finding even one that fit in a manner becoming of a modest Christian woman.
Then again, one could argue in the case of swimsuits that being a man would be quite advantageous. After all, then you only have to worry about finding a pair of shorts that fits around your waist. Being a woman trying to find a bathing suit is probably comparable to being a man and trying to find a new pair of flip flops... And it's all because of Adam and Eve.

The moral of the story:
Number of swimsuits tried on today: 10
Number of swimsuits purchased: 0

4 comments:

digapigmy said...

i don't like swimming. i own no swimsuits.

moses said...

some have chosen an alternative to clothes, i prefer clothes

TimmyMac said...

I like the new blog look . . . plus I'm glad I'm a guy . . .

JayBird said...

I'll be shopping for a leopard skin speedo in the near future.