Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Asking for help

This is the post where I do something I'm REALLY not good at--and that thing is asking for help. So the first thing is prayer. I need prayer for finances as I prepare to move on October 25th and for peace and safety until I do. I am just keeping this on my blog because I prefer to keep it among my friends.
Second, I am going to need help with the moving process if anyone is available at any time. There are several parts of this--1) It would be great if any of my friends can just come to keep me company while I pack. I have a horrible time getting things done alone-- I don't really need help packing, just another person there to keep me motivated while I'm doing it. If anyone is interested in helping me out here, I'll make you dinner! 2) I need some muscle for moving day. A buff guy or two to help my dad with the furniture and heavier boxes. (Really the couch is the worst of it...) There will also be some food provided on this day, though probably more like pizza or something similar because there will be too much going on for me to make something fancy--plus my dishes will be packed... : ) 3) Do any of ya'll have a truck? 4) Does anyone need a dresser? It will be free to a good home. It is about six feet wide, 18 or so inches deep and about 30 inches tall (I'm just guessing on these measurements!) It's really good for a young girl because it has a vanity style mirror that's about 2 feet by 3 feet that attaches to the dresser. Here is a picture (please excuse the mess):

So I am bound and determined NOT to take the dresser with me this time. I have been wanting to replace the blasted thing with cubes for years, and now seems like the ideal time-- the dresser goes away and I set up the cubes in the new apartment. It will be a beautiful thing! I am not a fan of dressers because I like to be able to see what I have-- and while the mirror would be great for some girls, it did not succeed in turning me into the girly girl my mother had hoped I would be. At any rate, if any of ya'll want or need the dresser, let me know. I'm willing to give it away to a friend, but if nobody needs it, then I will attempt to sell it on Craig's list for a little bit of cash to put toward my cubes. Hooray!

So that's all for now: prayer for finances, peace and safety; company for my packing adventures; muscle for moving day; cubes; oh yeah, and if any of ya'll have any spare empty boxes lying around, let me know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there hun! I am completely willing to offer to help motivate and help pack. =) My schedule may be a bit variable (I'm moving to Sun-Thurs swing next week but also looking for a part-time job) but if any of our times mesh I'll definitely be willing to come over and help out.

TimmyMac said...

I gave up prayer for Lent, but I might be able to provide some assistance in the lifting of the heavy objects on moving day . . . I'll note October 25th on the calendar just in case . . .

Jeni said...

ruebert! you're at my blog! and not livejournal! how did this wonderful thing happen? :) I'd love any help you can give me!

plucky- need I remind you that Lent is in March/April? And help with the heavy objects would be much appreciated... (The heavy objects are mostly books... Perhaps you'll find some you want to read... :P)

laura said...

I would offer up the hubby's help, but he will be babysitting and has a bad back (previous break)... so I don't allow him to lift heavy objects:) I can pray though!!