Saturday, April 01, 2006

Comedy or Drama?

I was at work this week (as is the case with most weeks) and one of my co-workers told me about a new movie coming out starring Samuel L. Jackson. Apparently, the movie is about a terrorist plot that takes place 30,000 feet in the air that involves terrorists letting snakes loose on a plane full of people. Sounds interesting enough, right?
Then my co-worker tells me the title... Snakes on a Plane...
I, of course, being the logically minded person that I am, laughed at him when he told me this. I thought it was a joke; after all, the title Snakes on a Plane sounds like a wonderful title for a comedy. I thought he was making it up. But the sad truth of the matter is that he was not. The movie really is called Snakes on a Plane. I even confirmed it with the Internet Movie Database.
And apparently there is even a scene in which, after the snakes were let loose, the flight attendant comes into the cabin and yells, "EVERYBODY RUN!!!" And of course the passengers are all thinking, "Where am I supposed to run? I'm on a blasted PLANE!!!!"

5 comments:

georgia said...

So is it a comedy or just tragically comic?

Dennis Clifton said...

Snakes on a Plane
Rain mainly in Spain

JayBird said...

i think i've seen a commercial for it. hopefully it's better than flight plan.

babsboss said...

what would be an even better title: "Snacks on a Plan"

digapigmy said...

as long as they give samuel l. a big handgun and let him drop a few f-bombs, the movie will still somehow manage to watchable.