Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Wrong Priorities

Right now, my priorities are all out of whack. There are many things I'd like to care about doing right now, but I don't.

Things I care about doing right now:
Sleeping
Laying in bed doing nothing
Sleeping
Sleeping
Maybe watching a movie
Eating (only because if I don't, I'll be hungry later...)

Things I wished I cared about doing right now, because I'm not doing anything, but I just want to be alone and unproductive:
Praying
Writing
Running
Cooking
Calling my friends
Going to pick up my dress
Reading a book

Things I never care about doing, but occasionally force myself to do anyway, which I am also not doing right now:
Putting away my clothes
Vacuuming
General Cleaning

Well, I guess that's all. My mind is already thinking about going back to bed, and so I think I will.

5 comments:

TimmyMac said...

Hey, Sue told me today that you recently ran a 5k. Way to go!

georgia said...

Jeni, is it possible that you're depressed?

No(dot dot)el said...

jeni- you dialogue sounds very similar to my own. sleeping high on the list, and cleaning very low.
this is an area i struggle in also. prioritizing our time can be so hard.

Jeni said...

plucky - thanks! The 5K ended up being more like a 7.5K because the trail wasn't marked and so a bunch of us went the wrong way.

georgia- eh, who knows. I suppose that's always a possibility.

noel - You know what's funny? I actually ENJOY cleaning IF I'm cleaning with someone, but if I'm cleaning alone, it usually means that I'm watching tv/reading old diaries and magazines/cuddling with my cat, etc.

JayBird said...

i smell depression, my friend. only because i struggle w/it. don't hesitate to talk about what's buggin' ya. you have lots of friends here. :>)