Friday, September 29, 2006

Opportunities Abound

Things have not been going well at work. This is not a surprise to anyone. I knew when I made the decision to work swing shift that it wasn't going to work. I tried to force it because of the money (always a stupid reason to make a decision) but it's just not happening. I am grateful for it anyhow because of the opportunities that I've had working on swing shift. I've made even more Evil K friends, and I've been able to attend a morning small group. Additionally, I've been propositioned by the Kit Kat Ranch, as well as several customers (always an adventure at the Evil K!). But most exciting is this: One of my co-workers is involved with the making of an independent film and because of that, I have been asked to edit their screenplay for pay. They'll pay me $100 up front and 1% of what the movie makes. Even if it makes nothing, it's still my first opportunity to be paid for doing something I enjoy.
And now, a new opportunity is arising: Next Wednesday I have a job interview and computer test at 9:00 am. The job is a M-F, 8-5 sort of job with weekends and holidays off and fully paid insurance. If I got the job, it would be a wonderful blessing. It would be something that I've been praying for and some of you have been praying for on my behalf. I am extremely nervous, not only about the interview, but about leaving a job that I've been at for 5+ years for something new. Please pray for me that the interview and computer test go well!

6 comments:

Dennis Clifton said...

I'll pray for you! Let us know how it turns out...

digapigmy said...

i'll be praying. i expect an update wednesday :-)

georgia said...

When can you tell us who you're interviewing with?

TimmyMac said...

I'll pray about this one too, and I like the idea of an update . . .

How was SF?

JayBird said...

I'll be praying. I like how God will often provide more than 1 option. Enjoy. :>)

Jen's World said...

So, can we have an update about your job situation? believing for the best for you. Jen