Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Returning to Me


Fall is never a very good time for me. I always struggle emotionally FAR more than I do the rest of the year. There are many reasons for this, most/all of which have been discussed on this blog at some point or another. And every fall I start a project in an attempt to return to myself. Every November since 2002, I have entered the "National Novel Writing Month" competition with the goal of writing 50,000 words in 30 days. I have not yet completed this. In fact, I think the most I've completed toward this goal in any year was about 13,000 words. I would like this year to be the year that I actually finish it. I'm hoping that writing about that journey here will help me to actually follow through on it and get it done. So, starting tonight at midnight, I need to write 1,667 words per day in order to make it to 50,000 by the end of the month. I know that I can do this, I just need a kick in the butt every once in while.

2 comments:

JayBird said...

V-I-C

T-O-R-Y

Victory, Jeni style.
_________________________________

Sorry, for the little chear, but it is my life right now.

Jeni said...

AHHHHHH!!! Run away!!! Must escape cheerleaders!!! :)