Thursday, January 10, 2008

A little less contemplation...

A little more poetry!

It's been a while since I've posted a poem here, and for good reason-- I've been in quite the dry spell. I decided that if I'm ever going to get out of it, I'll have to force my way out, and so here is the first blow of the pick-ax that will break me out of my writing depression:

Countdown

Tick Tock

Time wasted on a mindless task.

Sucked in by a glowing screen

while I watch somebody else’s life

too scared to live my own

Tick Tock

My dreams so far in the past

I’ve forgotten what they mean

to me. Forgotten what it feels like

to live for dreams alone

Tick Tock

My doubts have recently amassed

in dark corners still unseen

leaving me with barely any light

to carve my name in stone

Tick Tock

Time is running out at last

for what I could have been.

The time has come to cross that line

to who I will become.

6 comments:

laura said...

I really, really enjoyed that. I will pray that your writing depression ends so that I can read more of your creations.

TimmyMac said...

It's about TIME you published a poem. Thank you!

No(dot dot)el said...

i love your poems jeni, you have a gift for surwa!! keep em coming.

digapigmy said...

a little less contemplation, a little more action.

Erica said...

good poem, Jeni! You have a gift. I really like the phase 'sucked in by a glowing screen'

Jeni said...

Diga--thanks for being the only one to outwardly catch my reference... :)