Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Just a little whining--Don't say I didn't warn you...

I arrived home this morning (I've been staying the night at my bro's apartment on alternating nights because I'm cat-sitting) to discover a note on the chalkboard indicating that the mice in our house have returned... Actually it pronounces "we have mice" as though it were a new thing, despite the fact that my food cabinet was obliterated by the mice back in February or March... However, apparently now they are taking it seriously and laying down a proclamation that the kitchen needs to stay clean because we have mice. I have a better idea: How about if the kitchen stays clean because it's gross to have week old hotdogs festering on the stove? I doubt that even the mice would go for that food...
Each week that passes and I am still living in that house, I find myself with a greater desire/need to move. I may not be the neatest person in the world, but when it comes to the kitchen, I am super-anal, and I cannot deal with piles of dishes building up for a week at a time in the sink. I almost never eat food at home that involves dishes. I eat cereal for breakfast--dry from a ziploc baggie. For lunch, I sometimes eat microwavable foods, if not, then I make myself a sandwich or something from the stash that I keep at work, which also serves as dinner. I need a clean kitchen in order to eat in a healthy manner. Oh yeah, and a little bit of room in the refrigerator for healthy foods would also help...
Anyway, the point is: I NEED TO MOVE
Here are the reasons:
1. The kitchen situation as detailed above.
2. One of my roommates likes to lock my cat in my (upstairs) extremely hot bedroom so that she can leave the hall door open. Since I got mad at her about doing that, she started locking him in the fairly cool back bedroom, leaving him there with no access to his food/water/litter.
3. My cat does not get along with the other cat in the house (Spooky is kind of a pissy cat) and since some roommates have issues with closing doors, this is sometimes a problem...
4. I would like to live within walking distance of work before the snowy/icy season starts again. (I wonder what it would be like to drive only once or twice a week)
5. My friend who owns the house will be moving back at some point within the next year, at which point I would have to move out anyway...

Here's what I need to do so I can move:
1. Pay off my three remaining credit cards.
2. Pray A LOT
3. Save enough money for first/last month, deposit (and pet deposit), utility deposits, and general moving expenses.
4. Pray some more.
5. Get rid of a lot of my junk.
6. Pray until it happens.

So I suppose, if you've read this post, the point is please pray for me in my living situation, both present and future! : )

5 comments:

JayBird said...

I'll be praying. In the meantime, you could put your roommates in a sleeper-hold every time they mess with your cat or make messes- I think that would work for now.

TimmyMac said...

I take it Spooky isn't a mouser . . .

georgia said...

I will pray. Are you looking for a roommate or hoping to live just with your kitty?

digapigmy said...

roommates suck. i actually had to call the cops on one of my former roommates for stealing a bunch of stuff from my other roommates. naturally, since he was living there i didn't have much hope of actually prosecuting him, just wanted to scare him a bit and convince him it was time to move on. then the other roommates stole a bunch of my stuff when i got married.

Jeni said...

jaybird-thanks!
plucky-Um, yeah... Not so much...
georgia-Ideally, just Smokey and I. That's why I need to pay off the credit cards first. With roomies, that wouldn't really be a necessity.
diga-yes, most roommates suck. I have had three good roommates: two were my brother and his fiance and the other is one of my current roomies. The rest sucked...