Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A little bit rough, but...

Someday

Sitting here in the darkness
Surrounded by the rubble
Of what used to be my life
A shattered friendship to my left
And my dreams lie crumpled
And tossed aside to my right.
I used to know what I wanted
But somehow that changed
And I don’t seem to even
Know myself anymore.
I used to have passion
But it’s been lost along the way
I used to believe in love
But now I’m not so sure
Can’t anyone help me
Find the person I used to be--
The one who had hope
That good things really do happen
The girl who believed
Her dreams would come true
Someday

jlh

3 comments:

georgia said...

When circumstances seem negative, I find it helps to hold on to the promises of God as the ultimate source of truth about reality--in spite of how things seem.

Surely goodness and mercy follow Jeni.

God has plans for Jeni's life--plans for good, plans to prosper you and to give you a future and a hope.

We walk by faith and not by sight.

That is the truth. You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.

TimmyMac said...

The poem reminded me of when I was young and depressed, sitting in the dark listening to Pink Floyd's "The Wall" at full volume(I have become comfortably numb).

I like what Georgia had to say so I'll just sign off with this thought;

You sure write good poems . . .

JayBird said...

I stand with you as you work through this. New chapters are being written- chapters that far exceed your expectations.