Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Warm little ball

Ever feel like curling up in a warm little ball in the corner of your bed and hanging there until the mood passes?
Ever feel like you're floating around all alone, stopping to chat with people you've known, yet still lost among the masses?
Ever feel like your heart, having been broken too many times, might just give up, give in, and forget to beat again?
Ever feel like you're living your life in a dream, stumbling through unfamiliar places, trying to escape the pain?
Ever feel like your life has amounted to nothing, that you'll leave this cold and empty world without making your mark?
Ever feel like you're trying to find yourself in the middle of the night, and wind up even more lost and crying in the dark?

I just want to curl up in a little warm ball and start all over tomorrow. I feel like my blog has been like a melo-drama lately, so perhaps it's time for another round of "The Good Things in Life" brought to you by the letter Q and the number pi.
This time we're shooting for ten good things in Jeni's life that Jeni is grateful for.

1. I've gotten to spend a lot of time with my roommates individually since I moved in.
2. I have a happy little sandwich ready for my lunch tomorrow.
3. I finally found out what my raise at work is going to be: a little over 4%
4. I have been enjoying my q.t.'s with God (not that I usually don't...)
5. My roommate who's been out of town will be back tomorrow.
6. My dad taught me how to change my PCV valve and air filter this weekend (quiet! I know the air filter's easy, but I'd never done it before...)
7. (Argh! This is hard right now) I am now eating 3 meals a day.
8. I have cooked several times in the last week (and I had the privelige of cooking for friends.)
9. I got to spend time with a couple of friends whom I don't see nearly enough of.
10. I have felt very loved and cared for by the people around me. Thanks to all who contributed to that feeling!

6 comments:

Dennis Clifton said...

...you forgot one:

11. you posted a blog that brought a smile to someone's face.

georgia said...

Remembering the good in the midst of the not-so-good is a great thing to do!

Jeni said...

denden-you are far too kind ;)
becky-I am completely and thoroughly scared for your health and welfare.
And I have a couple more to add to the list:
13. Even when my face is all red and soggy, my cat comes to cuddle with me.
14. Smokey-hair is not nearly as sticky as Molly-hair.

TimmyMac said...

15. Your writing talent is the envy of those who know you.

Jeni said...

plucky-you also are far too kind, however I will accept the compliment and thank you profusely!

Jeni said...

Guess who's comment went bye-bye?! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!